Saturday, December 17, 2011

White Chocolate Peppermint Popcorn

I've never been one to bake or anything.... savory cooking is definitely more my thing, lol. But my husband wanted me to make peanut butter balls for Christmas (oh my god, WAY too sweet for me!), and I decided to make myself something sweet I'd seen on the Plain Chicken website. I knew I could make it lower cal by adjusting the ratios a bit, and it still turned out great. SOOOOO yummy!

Ingredients:
one bag of popped Jolly Time Healthy Pop 94% fat free popcorn (no butter)
9 Oreo cookies
1 1/4 bars (10 squares) Ghirardelli white chocolate baking bar
4 full size peppermint candy canes

Instructions:

1) Put popped bag of popcorn in a large bowl.

2) Put Oreos and candy canes in food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Pour mixture in the bowl with popcorn.

3) Melt white chocolate in a double boiler. Pour about 3/4 of the chocolate over the popcorn/oreo/candy cane mixture. Toss until well coated.

4) Pour the rest of the white chocolate over mixture, and toss again.

5) Spread out on wax paper until it sets completely, then portion into baggies.

Click here for a larger view of the yummi-ness!

This made 6 baggies of 2 oz portions. Ridiculously yummy.......

Each 2 oz portion:
Calories - 245
Protein - 2
Fiber - 1
Carbs - 37

No comments:

Post a Comment