Saturday, December 10, 2011

Cheesy Chicken, Broccoli, and Mushroom Casserole

Might as well start with what I made tonight...

Cheesy Broccoli, Chicken, Mushroom and Rice Casserole!

It was so easy that I almost feel guilty at the "yummmmmmmmm" I got from my husband. ;-)

Ingredients:

6 oz. chicken breast
1 c. diced onion
8 oz. mushrooms
20 oz. frozen broccoli
4 oz. Velveeta cheese
2 tbsp light margarine
10 oz can reduced sodium cream of mushroom soup
1 cup instant brown rice
1 tsp Mrs. Dash onion and herb (or whatever flavor you have)
1/2 tsp black pepper
Instructions:

1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Put the frozen broccoli in a big bowl of hot water to thaw.

2) Dice chicken breast. I totally took the easy way out and just measured 6 oz of Tyson Grilled and Ready Chicken Breast

3) Slice 8 oz of fresh mushrooms (or just buy them pre-sliced). I'm a little picky and like them thinner, so I slice my own.

4) Diced one cup of onion. I used red bc I like the color, haha.

5) Dice 4 oz (about 1/4 a small package) of Velveeta cheese. I just had the Great Value kind (Walmart).

6) Drain broccoli and put back in big bowl. Add onion, mushrooms, chicken, cheese, 2 tbsp melted margarine, the can of soup, Mrs. Dash, pepper, and the dry rice.

7) Fill the soup can up halfway with water, add that also, and stir until fully combined. 

8) Pour into a casserole dish that's sprayed with cooking oil, and bake for 30 mins.

9) Sprinkle with cheese and bake another 5 mins. I used Winn Dixie's 4-cheese mexican blend bc it's what I had on hand.


Click to see a larger pic of the yummi-ness!

I had so much casserole that I ended up splitting it into two dishes, and each dish had two servings. So the whole recipe above is 4 servings, and for each (big) serving:

Calories - 451
Protein - 30
Fiber - 7
Carbs - 39

No comments:

Post a Comment