After last week's mini chicken pot pie success, Mike had a stroke of genius, and it went a little something like this: "Hey, you could make a version of these with eggs, sausage, and gravy and we could have them for breakfast!!!"
So I obliged, and after eating one, he actually called himself a genius, lol. (and me a "master chef", haha...yeah right!)
1 cup bisquick
1 cup 2% milk
6 large eggs
6 large egg whites
8 oz sausage, about 2/3 of a tube (whatever flavor you like)
1 cup white gravy
1/2 cup shredded cheese (I used mexican four cheese bc I had it on hand)
For the bisquick mix:
In a bowl, mix together the bisquick, milk, 2 eggs, and 2 egg whites. Mixture will be runny, that's ok. :^)
1) Preheat oven to 375.
2) Spray 18 muffins cups with cooking spray.
3) In a large microwavable bowl, scramble 4 eggs and 4 egg whites. Microwave them, stirring every minute, until they're done but not rubbery. Mash the eggs with a fork to break them up in the bowl.
4) Cook your sausage, tearing it apart like you would "brown" ground beef. When it's cooked through, drain it and then add it to the bowl with the eggs.
5) Add the gravy to the sausage/egg mixture and stir until well combined.
6) Put 3/4 tbsp Bisquick mix in the bottom of each muffin cup.
7) Fill each cup with 1/4 cup of the egg/sausage/gravy mixture.
8) Sprinkle just a bit of cheese on top of each muffin cup.
9) Pour 1 tbsp bisquick mix on top of each muffin cup.
10) Bake for 30-40 mins, or until toothpick comes out clean. I bake mine for 35 mins, then broil for a couple of minutes to get them nice and browned on top. :)
|They really do make a great breakfast paired with some yogurt!|
Nutrional info per "buffin":
Cals - 93
Protein - 6
Carbs - 6