Monday, July 30, 2012
Mini Chicken Pot Pies
My mom used to make a really good chicken pot pie when I was growing up. I haven't had it (or any other chicken pot pie) in over 4 years...
I miss it!
Really never knew how much until I found this recipe on Pinterest. It looked super easy, so I made it yesterday and YUMMMMY!!! Mike said it was really great, and different from the Mexican/Italian that's my usual standard, lol.
1 cup bisquick
1 cup 2% milk
2 large eggs
2 large egg whites
1.5 lbs chicken breast
1 1/2 cups mixed vegetables (I used peas, carrots, and corn)
1/2 cup diced onion
1/2 can cream of chicken
1 cup shredded cheese (I used mexican four cheese bc I had it on hand)
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp ground thyme
For the bisquick mix:
In a bowl, mix together the bisquick, milk, eggs, and egg whites. Mixture will be runny, that's ok. :^)
1) Preheat oven to 375.
2) Spray 20 muffins cups with cooking spray.
3) Boil chicken about 15 mins, till it's almost done, then add mixed veggies and cook for about 5 more mins.
4) Drain chicken and veggies, dice chicken, and put in a large bowl.
5) Mix chicken, veggies, cheese, spices, and cream of chicken.
6) Put 3/4 tbsp Bisquick mix in the bottom of each muffin cup.
7) Fill each cup with 1/4 cup of the chicken/veg mixture.
8) Pour 1 tbsp bisquick mix on top of each muffin cup.
9) Bake for 30-40 mins, or until toothpick comes out clean.
Nutrional info per mini pot pie:
Calories - 87
Protein - 7
Carbs - 6
P.S. - Sorry there's not many pics. I made the filling ahead of time, bc I was super busy yesterday, and forgot to snap any! Oops!