They're "delicious". Or so I've been told! :-)
The recipe below makes 24 muffins, so you can half it if you need to. That's actually what I did. I have the other half of the dough wrapped in wax paper, in a plastic baggie in the fridge to use on Wed.....and half the chicken mix in a plastic container, lol.
8 chicken breast tenders, or 4 chicken breasts
1 package pizza crust dough (you can find this near the biscuits in the grocery store)
2 cups diced red onion
3 tbsp light bbq sauce
3 tbsp honey bbq sauce (I like the combo of the two - a little sweet, with part low cal)
2 cups chopped frozen spinach
2 cups finely shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup flour
1) Boil the chicken, let it cool, and then shred it. (Can I just say that there are few things I hate more than shredding chicken? Haha, if you have kids, make them do it. It's not hard, just time consuming, ugh.)
2) Sautee onion and spinach in some water, add to the shredded chicken in a large bowl. Pour in the bbq sauce, and mix WELL. It won't look like there's a lot of bbq sauce, but it's enough to give it great flavor. If you want to add more, you can, but the cal count will vary from mine. :^)
3) Preheat oven to 425.
4) Lay out a large sheet of wax paper, sprinkle with the flour. Cut pizza dough into 24 equal pieces. (Cut in half, then in half again, and again, and again until you have 24.)
5) Spray two muffin tins with cooking spray.
6) Push a piece of the dough into a well of the muffin tin, making it flat along the bottom, and then pulling up along the sides a bit. Fill with about 1/5 cup of the chicken mix. Do this for all the muffin spaces.
|Yes, I realize my muffin pan LOOKS dirty, but it's not. I just use it a lot, haha.|
7) Top each muffin with a sprinkle of cheese, distributing the cheese evenly among all 24 muffins.
8) Bake for 15 mins. Remove from oven, and let cool for 3-4 mins so they'll hold their shape. Then enjoy!
Each pizza muffin:
Calories - 96
Protein - 8
Carbs - 10
Three of these with a side salad is perfect! :^)