Sunday, June 3, 2012
Philly Cheese Roll-Ups
So, as you guys know, I'm always asking Mike what he thinks of the food I make.
"How is it?"
"Could it use something else?"
"Does it have enough salt?"
etc, etc, etc....
However: tonight, I said "Here, try this!" and put a piece of one of these in his mouth. Then I sat down beside him and waited for it.
Him: "Holy crap..."
Me: "I KNOW!!!" :^) :^) :^)
1 can crescent rolls (8 rolls)
8 oz deli roast beef, sliced pretty thin
3/4 cup shredded provolone cheese (swiss would work too)
4 oz mushrooms
1/2 of a large onion
1 tbsp minced garlic
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Slice mushrooms and onions pretty thin.
3) Sautee the mushrooms, onions, and garlic *with water* until they're nice and soft. Then set them to the side and let them cool.
4) Cut the beef into 16 sections....then measure and make sure each section is 1/2 ounce.
5) Spread the crescent rolls out on some wax paper dusted with flour. Dust your knife with flour, and then cut each roll in half.
6) Fold the rolls in half, so that they make a kind-of-rectangular shape, and then put 1/2 ounce of beef on each one.
7) Put an equal amount of the veggie mixture on each roll.
8) Put an equal amount of cheese on each roll.
9) Roll them up, making sure you attach the end well, and put them seam side down on a baking sheet lined with foil (sprayed WELL with cooking spray).
10) Bake for 15-20 mins or until golden brown.
We each had three of these with some steamed veggies for dinner, and it was FANTASTIC!!!
Nutrional info is for one roll-up:
Calories - 88
Protein - 5
Carbs - 7