So I found this recipe on Pinterest and decided to give it a shot, but I made it way simpler and it still worked great. :^) Hubby said, "wow, these are really good". I love telling you guys what he says, because I'm always concerned he's gonna hate new recipes. He's pretty dang picky sometimes, lol.
2 medium zucchini
1/2 c Italian breadcrumbs
1/8 c water
1) Preheat oven to 425.
2) Slice zuchinni pretty thin (no more than 1/4" thick pieces)
3) Scramble two eggs with a splash of water, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
4) Put breadcrumbs in another small bowl.
5) Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
6) Dip each zucchini bite in the egg, then coat in the bread crumbs, and place on the baking sheet.
7) Bake for 15 minutes, flip the bites, and bake for another 15 minutes until golden brown.
8) Enjoy with dipping sauce of your choice. :^)
We split the whole batch in half, and the calorie count for half the batch is:
Calories - 126
Protein - 8
Carbs - 18
Please note: for the calorie count, I only counted 1 egg and 1/4 cup of breadcrumbs, because about half the eggs and breadcrumbs were left in the bowls after breading.