Monday, January 16, 2012

Healthy Chicken Nuggets!

So.....there's this restaurant chain that makes AMAZING chicken nuggets... Don't know if I can say the name without being sued or something crazy, so I won't, but trust me...they're good. And tonight, I duplicated them. ACCIDENTALLY!

My husband and I wanted to have salads this week for dinner, so I decided to dice some chicken breast, throw in some seasonings, etc, and bake them. Just wanted to have some sort of protein to toss in our salads. Little did I know....oh. my. God. :)

Ingredients:
28 oz raw chicken breast (will end up being about 18 oz after cooking)
1/4 c italian bread crumbs
1/4 finely shredded parmesan cheese (or you could do grated...I crumbled up my shredded, haha)
1.5 tbsp Mrs. Dash chicken flavor

Instructions:

1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut chicken into bite-size (nugget) pieces. Dry the chicken with paper towels....doesn't have to be completely dry.

2) In a bowl, mix all ingredients.

3) Line a sheet pan with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray. Throw chicken on there and try to separate the pieces as much as you can.

4) Bake for 10 minutes, pull the pan out and toss chicken to separate.

5) Bake for 10 more minutes, pull the pan out and toss the chicken again. (They'll all stick together if you don't do this, haha.)

6) Bake for 5 more mins. The nuggets should bake for 25 mins total. You'll want to cut one open to make SURE they're done.
 
Click for a larger view of the yumminess!

I separated the nuggets into 6 baggies, each roughly 3 oz. Nutrition facts below are for each 3 oz portion. ENJOY!

Calories - 202
Protein - 42
Fiber - 0
Carbs - 4

No comments:

Post a Comment